If you have an existing feed to BroadCastify.com and you like to send it to our IceCast server, make the following changes t your feed client:
Mount: /state_city_dept (example would be /ma_boston_fd)
If your client allows for Stream Name, Stream Description and website url, please include them so we can add it to your directory listing.
Feed Client Downloads
- Source Client - Streams real time audio to Broadcastify, Icecast, and ShoutCast servers. Source Client can replace Edcast/Oddcast and SimpleCast types of programs. If you are a Broadcastify stream provider then the Source Client can be configured automatically.
- Web Server - Servers a web page and serves real time audio and folders / files. Audio and folders / files can be password protected.
- Audio - Low latency.
- Audio Flow Diagram - Shows audio flow along with the volume controls and level meters.
- Metadata Source - Text tags can come from other programs, scanners, and files. Supports 36 different scanner models.
- Statistics - Shows peak and current listeners, bytes transmitted/received, and up time.
- Status Logging - Shows connections and errors.
- Performance - Low CPU and memory utilization.
- Tabbed Layout - Makes the program look clean and organized.
- Supports tag retrieval and formatting for both the GRE PSR-500/600 family and the Uniden 396/996 family of scanners
- Supports Audio-Only mode, allowing most other scanners to work with ScannerCast without sending tags.
- Lets you listen to the scanner on your home network or over the internet from almost any media player, including Windows Media Player, ITunes, VLC, Foobar, or XMMS. Tags are displayed by many players, including Winamp
- Lets you forward your scanner feed and tags using a single program -- Replaces Edcast/Oddcast or Simplecast for forwarding scanner streams to Radio Reference, and provides improved tag/audio synchronization.
- Streaming format is SHOUTcast and Icecast compatible, including embedded meta-data tags. Lets you use a wide variety of media players to hear your scanner. No "special" client software required to listen.
- You choose the bit rate for the broadcast
- Provides the option to forward two feeds simultaneously -- One feed with tags on the LEFT audio channel and one feed without tags on the RIGHT audio channel.
- 100% compatible with Windows 7 (you must run as administrator), Windows Vista (you must run as administrator), Windows XP, and Windows XP Embedded. Tested on both 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
- IceCast.org has a list of many third party clients for all Operation Systems.